Peenemünde Historical Technical Museum
From 1936 to 1945, the army research institute was set up in Peenemünde, one of Europe’s largest armaments centres. Up to 12,000 people worked here in the research into and production of missiles that were to be used as innovative weapon systems in the war. The weapons known as V1 and V2 from 1944 were used by the Nazis as instruments of terror against the civil population of Germany’s opponents in war and mostly built using forced labour. The Peenemünde Historical Technical Museum examines the history of the development and use of these weapons. In the summer of 2017, IGLHAUT + von GROTE took part in a competition for the redesign of the permanent exhibition at the Historical Technical Museum. The comprehensive draft design reached 2nd place in the competition.